Near the end of every year I look back at the past twelve months and I always think to myself, “I could have accomplished more, I could have done better, I could have had more fun, I could have made the year more than what it was.”
This year is no exception, but not so fast, that just me. “Proud but never satisfied.”
While there is always room for improvement, these year had some big highlights that I would like to share.
- We learned about Liam’s Autism and ADHD and how to adjust our parenting style. He still sleeps in our bed so Operation Childless Bed is still in umm…progress but he’s my little buddy and I love our daily routine
- Lucas started first grade. Seems just like yesterday the news that he was going to be born sent me burning down my old life for the role of boss, caregiver, and daddy.
- My stepson, Maddex, when from being a little squirt into a teenager. The kid must have shot up 6 inches with his long hair and cracking voice.
- I learned about my own ADHD and how to treat it, harness it, and use it to my advantage. Sometimes it fails me. Today even.
- I traveled, a lot. Near and Far. Tourist traps and obscure trails. I did everything that I could find time for and afford and loved every minute of it.
- I improved my performance in the Tough Mudder and Boilermaker after a few years in decline
- I lost 20 lbs.
- I had my career year at work.
- I found a level of balance that i can be proud of.
- I came to understand what makes me happy and what doesn’t
it’s been said that you can only adjust your happiness a small amount. That being said, when I look at how I felt at the end of 2016 and I how I feel now, I can feel the difference and so can the others around me.
I can look to 2018 with a sense of hope.
Only two more posts left.