Today marks the end of month 6 of the happiness project. We are half way there.
I spent 4 hours in the car today reflecting on the year so far.
After all my years in management I can’t help but treat it as a performance review. Full of things to “start doing, stop doing, and continue doing” to bring more happiness in my life.
1. Focusing on building relationships \ building a network : I’ve had a lot of success as a restaurant manager by working hard and focusing on operations but to really grow, I need to build relationships in and out of work. Being the lone wolf can only get you so far.
2. Watch the over eating. I might be exercising and drinking water but sometimes I used my other efforts as an excuse to gorge myself. Diminishing my progress.
1. Stop giving a fuck…about the things that aren’t worth giving too many fucks about. That’s really for me to decipher.
2. Stop worrying. I spend a lot of worrying about the stresses of life. “Stop whining, start grinding”. While i feel like I accomplish more than the average person, I can get a lot more done by just putting my head down and doing it. One day at a time
1.Exercising \ Drinking Water. 17 lbs down , 20 more to go.
2. Completing DIY projects / helping around the house. Lots of learning as I go
3. Using strong time management and delegation skills at work
4. Travel. Whether near or far my greatest happiness comes from exploring.
I have good days and bad days. But I know Im living a much healthier and balanced life than I was 6 months ago. Here’s to another 6 months of improvement.