One thing thats different about me this year is that I certainly don’t have very much “idle time”.
My Resolutions keep me busy from sun up to so sun down almost every day. Trying to make time for work, time to exercise, time for others, time to be silly, time for projects can be very exhausting. No different from anyone else.
To make it all happen I have to use all favorite time management techniques.
1. Plan each day in advance – used to have every 15 Minutes planned out but that made me more stressed because of all the unpredictability of life. Now I just jot down a rough outline of what I want to accomplish the night before.
2. Delegate – if you are lucky to have people working under you. Delegate anything that can be done just as good or better to someone else. This frees you up to focus on the tasks only you can or should handle
3. Follow the 2 Minutes Rule – anything that can be done in 2 min or less do right away. Saving large chunks of time for big projects.
4. also follow the 5 second rule – see my previous article for more info on this
5. Set a quitting time – decide in advance when you are going to stop working then do something relaxing.
6. take a day off once a week.