I wanted to follow Gretchen’s Lead and start with only 8 resolutions Per Month. I will surely verve off from her happiness project but like her I wanted to spend January boosting my energy.
So here is the list of my 8 resolutions for January.
- Drink 8 glasses of water a day / and drink 2 Chia Drinks: I drink close to zero water a day and I recall from the few times that I drank water regularly how good and energized I felt. My fluid intake usually consisted of coffee and soda so needless to stay I’m pretty dehydrated. Chia I learned from Chris MacDoughalls, Born to Run. Is packed with omega 3, iron, potassium, as well as a huge source of fiber
- Go to the gym 3 times a week : It’s been too long since I went to the gym regularly and the spare tire around my waist is a clear indication that its time. Putting on my favorite clothes to find them snug and uncomfortable gives me a huge burst of unhappiness
- Tackle a nagging Task: I love to procrastinate…until I find myself overwhelmed and stressed out
- Practice the 2 minute rule : Always being curious in Time Management, Brian Tracy taught me to stay up on all your tasks you should practice the 2 minute rule where anything that takes less than 2 minutes to complete you should do right away.
- 30 minutes of relaxing activity –
- Plan the next day in advance – Another famous time management strategy
- Observe the evening tidy up. –
- Clean my storage areas
Happy New Year.
One of the perks of being the GM is that I get to take New Year’s Day off. I don’t take a lot of time off but this is one day I always take off. Dealing with a bunch of hung over restaurant workers and even worse guests is not something that any restaurant manager looks forward to. Plus I wanted to hit the ground running on my Project.
I downloaded a water tracker that will remind me every hour to drink water if I don’t click the glass. I will say that it was very easy to guzzle down the water on a day off. We will how easy it when am running around like a chicken with my head cut off at work.
I got about half way through cleaning up my office. The amount of junk like the picture above is just the tip of the Iceberg. But two hours later and 2 garbage bags down I am feeling accomplished. Tomorrow I will tackle the rest.
A major source of frustration for me at times is my youngest, Liam. I love him so much but at the age of two he still is unable to talk. Sure he has “words” but he is not able to convey his needs and wants to us leading to huge temper tantrums. Being the fiery overbearing tough guy dad that I am I usually get angry and yell at him to stop which induces even more tears. While none of my resolutions this month are focused on my temper I decided to not yell but instead hold and console him. He stopped within 30 seconds and when about playing…who knew?
Resolutions Complete 6/8 – No Chia today and no trip to the gym. Not bad for day one.
What a crazy day. Not a great day for keeping resolutions but I consciously found myself thinking about them throughout the day.
On New Year’s Day they closed the restaurant that I trained to be a manager at. So after my 3am rise to do my weekly inventory I headed over to help clear it out. It was so sad to see old friends who suddenly found themselves unemployed.
Started there at 8 and did not stop until 6pm. But I did have some resolution success
8 waters and 1 chia drink. Got to find a way to make it do
I consider today a gym day because I ache all over
Clear a storage area..Fail
Tackle a nagging task …Doing this store closing was nagging me for months because I knew it was coming
Still tidied up and observes the one minute rule and got my day planned for tomorrow
I broke my computer today lol. Fell out of my bag. So I am blogging on my phone
And it’s not an official resolution yet but I want to reconnect with the world on social media so after being silent on FB for months I have posted two days straight.
This made me laugh